A comprehensive Course for every School, House of Worship and Family in America!
Regardless if you are a responsible gun owner or not, we have all been horrified learning about the mass shootings which have occured within our nation. This subject does not need to be decisive! In this class we set aside the rhetoric and political posturing and deal specifically with the facts. We review the information gathered from past mass shootings, talk through potential root causes, proposed solutions and why those focused on gun control will not work, and most importantly we review formation of comprehensive plans and the actions we ALL need to take. Stop being a bystander and become an upstander instead!
In the USCCA’s Countering the Mass Shooter Threat class, you’ll review an analysis of data gathered from 48 mass shootings that have occurred since Columbine, to determine what can be learned from these tragedies, including whether a reduction in magazine capacity or the banning of any class of firearm would have changed the outcome. You’ll also learn whether “gun-free” zones figure into the planning of these mass murderers; whether victim response at any mass shooting has made a difference; and whether “universal background checks” or other proposals by gun control advocates stand a chance of stemming the current trajectory of these shootings. This course summarizes this data with a comprehensive plan designed to eliminate the scourge of these shooters once and for all.
- Part One: What We’ve Learned
- Mass shootings by the numbers
- Would reducing magazine capacity work?
- Would banning AR-15s or other firearms work?
- Do “Gun-Free” zones help or hurt?
- Does victim response make a difference?
- What are Universal Background Checks, and would they stop mass shootings?
- What about the terrorist “watch lists” and the “no-fly list”?
- Part Two: Countering the Threat
- Know the signs
- Create an Emergency Operations Plan
- Special considerations for Schools
- Special considerations for Houses of Worship
- Run, Hide or Fight
- Triage and treat the wounded
- Eliminate “Gun-Free” zones
- Where to we go from here?
What to bring
- pen & notebook
Students will receive
- Course completion certificate
Available for purchase
- Countering the Mass Shooter Threat by Michael Martin ($35.00)