The Women’s Defensive Pistol course is the third and final course of the series. We introduce the student to a number of advanced topics, skills and drills. Topics include a detailed explanation of what students should know avoiding, escaping, and defending against an attacker, and even what the student should know about their obligations under the law when it comes to the legal right to use force. We then explain and demonstrate a number of methods of drawing a firearm including from a holster or from a handbag. Three different types of reload methods are demonstrated, and the student is introduced to what they should expect, and what they should know when visiting a live fire range for the first time, including a number of important range commands. This lesson is also concluded with a number of on and off the range drills, including learning how to use cover and concealment, and even how to shoot on the move.
Defensive Pistol is the “finish line” for this specific curriculum series, but not for your firearm journey as a whole! Continue to build your skills and understanding as you add more advanced layers of knowledge to your repertoire. You can look forward to learning new techniques, such as reloading, shooting on the move, using cover, and acquiring the right mindset for self-defense with a firearm.
One of the biggest takeaways of this course is an understanding of the differences between marksmanship and defensive shooting, and how the proper physical and emotional states will determine if you’re prepared to perform the latter.
Women are protectors. As one of the self-defense industry’s fastest-growing demographics, it’s easy to see that women are committed to growing, learning, and if necessary, defending the ones they love. Proeliator is here to help YOU in your concealed carry journey through expert-led multi-level training.
Level Three – Women’s Defensive Pistol
- avoid, escape, defend
- use of force
- cover vs. concealment
- voice commands
- marksmanship vs. defensive shooting
- drawing from the holster
- loading and reloading
- practice with purpose
- putting it into practice
Live Fire Exercise
- students will complete live fire training at a professional range (indoor or outdoor)
- students will complete a nationally standardized shooting qualification
- live fire exercise facilitated by USCCA Certified Instructor(s) / Range Safety Officer(s)
What to bring*
- your copy of Women’s Handgun and Self-Defense Fundamentals by Beth Alcazar received during the Women’s Basic Pistol course
- pen & notebook
- handgun you intend to use (Instructor(s) will perform a safety inspection on all personal handguns prior to use)
- 100 rounds of ammunition (you won’t need them all)
- hearing protection (electronic preferred)
- eye protection
* Handguns along with eye and/or ear protection are available for rental. Ammunition is also available for purchase.
Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (812) 660-1411 for options/rates and to make a reservation.
Students will receive
- Course completion certificate
- Bragging Rights!